Doomtown Forum Index Doomtown
A forum to discuss all things related to the Doomtown CCG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best dudes for Stoker's Alliance?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
svendj

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Best dudes for Stoker's Alliance? Reply with quote

I'm getting a bit sick of the original BJ's home, so I want to try out Stoker's Alliance. What dudes would you recommend I use for the no-upkeep benefit?
LeonardoFelix

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katie Karl, Katie Karl exp and Wrath exp are the ones that immediately pop into my mind. They seem most conducive to a typical Jack's shooter.
Humphry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always figured a Tin Shield would be good, give it to Blackjack to ignore his upkeep.

Personally with decks I tend to find the values that work best and looking for dudes in there (although seeing what dudes are available is part of finding the best values).

My mate i've been teaching to play made a Stoker's Alliance deck, and it's stacked with 10s and Queens. Alot of the dudes either have 0 upkeep with 1 influence, or 1 influence, so his deck doesn't make great use of that part of the ability. He does have Wrath exp in there though, and that's the only guy really he'll save more than a couple of ghostrock on.

What you should focus on more in my mind is the other part, which gives your wanted dudes +1 influence. Which gives alot more leeway with 0 Influence Dudes. My mate starts with Will o the Wisp, and throwing blood money on him quickly means he's got a throw away 2 influence guy who aparantly owns my strikes :/
jordan caldwell

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full Moon dudes

If i make the Pull over my target's value, i use the home ability to reduce their upkeep to 0, and triple 0 is 0, so i control the Full Moon dude for free!

is this a correct interpretation of the rules?
limitedwhole

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avarice is Really good in this deck. But why stop there, throw down the boardinghouse and the red hill hotel and have a party.
orionpax21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been a big fan of The Ghost exp.. Other than that, just about anybody with a 4+ Stud bullet rating and a 0-1 upkeep, along with good utility dudes like the aforementioned Avarice.

Also, @jordan caldwell- yes, as far as I know, that trick as always worked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Doomtown Forum Index -> BlackJacks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: