Doomtown Forum Index Doomtown
A forum to discuss all things related to the Doomtown CCG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reaping of Souls Rarity Distribution

View previous topic :: View next topic  
orionpax21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reaping of Souls Rarity Distribution Reply with quote

So, I just opened 19 packs of RoS that I got recently. After I opened them all and started sorting everything, I realized I didn't see many rares. After double-checking everything against my spreadsheet, and the list at mahasamatman, it looks like I opened a total of 1 rare card. In 19 packs. What the hell is up with the rares in RoS? I guess this explains why I'm missing a ridiculously disproportionate amount of them compared to other sets. I don't know why I never noticed this sooner, I've bought a ton of RoS over the years.

Edit: Also, I just realized I pulled 2 Episode 1 cards in the packs, both with the RoS symbol (Pony Express and Tombstone Dispatch Branch Office). I don't recall this ever happening before.
davido

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Reaping of Souls Rarity Distribution Reply with quote

Well, cards can be reprinted in any episode-that's why you always get Pearl-Handled Revolvers and Ambush in nearly any bunch o' boosters Very Happy

I actually did pull a Lord Grimley's Manor xp out of a RoS booster, so it does happen. Other booster finds (albeit it's a LOT of boosters for that one 'chaser') are Pale Horse, Ammomatic, Fools Joker. So it does happen-no more or less than other sets, really.

orionpax21 wrote:
So, I just opened 19 packs of RoS that I got recently. After I opened them all and started sorting everything, I realized I didn't see many rares. After double-checking everything against my spreadsheet, and the list at mahasamatman, it looks like I opened a total of 1 rare card. In 19 packs. What the hell is up with the rares in RoS? I guess this explains why I'm missing a ridiculously disproportionate amount of them compared to other sets. I don't know why I never noticed this sooner, I've bought a ton of RoS over the years.

Edit: Also, I just realized I pulled 2 Episode 1 cards in the packs, both with the RoS symbol (Pony Express and Tombstone Dispatch Branch Office). I don't recall this ever happening before.
orionpax21

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've definitely never opened anything like a PHR or Ambush in a post-Ep. expansion booster before, that I definitely would have noticed.

As it happens, I just cracked another 34 RoS boosters, and every single one of them had the normal rarity distribution: 1R, 3U, 11C. I literally checked every booster as I opened them, just to make sure there was nothing wonky going on. Also, not a single reprint card in the whole lot.

Honestly I'm starting to think the last bunch of boosters I bought were tampered with in some way. Resealing those kinds of booster packs was actually not that hard if you knew how to do it and what to use, and I've seen things like this happen in other games, mainly Magic, where the cards are actually worth something. I just can't see how doing that with a bunch of RoS boosters is really worth the time and effort for anyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Doomtown Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: