Doomtown Forum Index Doomtown
A forum to discuss all things related to the Doomtown CCG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to play Doomtown
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichCarter wrote:
I will double check with the shop's schedule - make sure we are not competing with an 80 player warhammer 40k tournament.

There is a fantasy team tournament that day, so not as many tables being used.
jordan caldwell

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacramento California:

next DoomSac meet is Saturday October 22nd (2011), at "Great Escape" (1250 Howe), High Noon

theme: come as a doomtown character (All Hallows Eve)...
davido

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jordan caldwell wrote:
Sacramento California:

next DoomSac meet is Saturday October 22nd (2011), at "Great Escape" (1250 Howe), High Noon

theme: come as a doomtown character (All Hallows Eve)...

I'll be there, sh*tkickin' outfit and all Very Happy
davido

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoomSac Posse had a shootin' good time at Great Escape Games in Sacramento on Saturday October 22, 2011. Players were ZachZ (Jordan Caldwell here), Rich Carter, DanO, and DavidO.

I came in dress western. Also in uniform was Zach who was either Homeless Joe or the Unknown Hoodie Figure Very Happy

Highlights of my games, such as they were:

Recap:

1) my Sioux shooter vs. . Rich's Maze Rats Chop-fooey dudes (Iron Dragon).
I started off good w/ Tioga Joe stoker vs. Knicknevin to take out Master Chan. Always a good preemptive move against that sort of deck. Then I chickened out refusing to cheat and lost Tioga Joe w/ my Full House to a 5 of a kind. Cheatin' would have closed the gap. Rich was able to grind out the win. I think this deck is pretty solid, but I need to learn when to be aggressive and when to sit back and buff up/build up the GR engine.

2) Four way bike action:

me: Flock
rich: maze rats iron dragon
Dan: Black Jacks
Zach: rangers

Rich started off aggressive to counter the black jack boot n buy dudes strategy.
Dan weathered the storm.
Zach got in on the action.

I brought out Wrath and buffed up Miss Liliy.

Lily and Envy started holding a revival in the town square. Lily exorcised Si Quan (?) and with a KC pull banished the stiff for good.
Blackjack came over to show who was boss. Envy stood between BJ and Lily and Lily's snakes (Snake Handlin') soaked up BJ's bullets. A DHJ sent BJ home in a pine box.
Another shootout, another DHJ and the ladies were kicking a$$ and taking names big time.
The girls went out to protect the King Willy's Mother Lode. Good thing, as Katie Karl came over to assert the Ranger's rights. More snakes and a bad draw by Katie and she too was pushin' up daisys.
At this point, Rich was definitely out of it, and despite some influence, Zach was hanging on by a thread. Still, it came down to Dan's Jacks grinding out control for the Win.

This was a fun matchup as everyone got a chance to shine.

3) my Sioux shooter again vs. Dan's Lost Angels.
This was a cheesey deck as Dan used Christopher hill to do the hoary puppet/shadow man combo. Deluge leeched off of that to double the fun. Turns out the gimmick is that the puppets feed lilith to bring her back.
So my 2nd turn massacre found Dan w/ enough GR to send everyone but Lilith to the town square. Lilith took one for the team (see above). Oh, and with Tioga Joe once again gone and Wise Cloud puppeted, I folded.

When this Sioux deck works, it rocks-it's a standard riff on a full house/four of a kind deck, and draws those pretty consistently. I need to sideboard the deck to handle events (e.g. put in an Apache Devil Dancers and/or Den of Eastern delights), defend against being wanted, and being able to neutralize hexes. Still, I like it a lot and will continue to tune/play it.

We're planning the next hoedown showdown at Great Escape on Saturday, December 3. PM me, Jordan Caldwell, or Rich Carter if you're in the area and want to join the fun. The theme: "Bring a new deck to try out" Very Happy

EDIT: if you're in the Sacramento area, we have plenty of decks to try out and happy to teach tenderfoots off the latest Coach coming to Town. Zach is in the East Bay and would also love to hook up w/ Bay Area Doomtowners.

PS-always remember to bring a bicycle (deck) Very Happy
jordan caldwell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacramento California:

next DoomSac meet is Saturday December 3rd (2011), at "Great Escape" (1250 Howe), High Noon
RichCarter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 new decks designed today, two new ideas getting turned into decks, and one more Bicycle to finish designing. Game on. I hope these decks don't fall flat on their face like the last ones (one of those is getting fixed and another one is getting gutted for parts).
Big fish in small ponds
jordan caldwell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoomSac Posse next game Saturday January 14th 2012, High Noon, at the Great Escape in Sacramento (1250 Howe)

"Bicycle" multi-player game with time-mod rules(?), followed by open duels

possibly welcoming new player to the mix, Lynn. which, good sir, if you are interested, i can show up an hour early to give a crash course in the basic rules, maybe play a Texas Ranger vs Sioux "Bicycle" match-up, and see what goes from there...
jordan caldwell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoomSac Posse next game Saturday February 4th 2012, High Noon, at the Great Escape in Sacramento (1250 Howe)

new players welcome!

"Bicycle" multi-player game (with time-mod rules), followed by open duels
db0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daaamn, you guys are playing more AFK Doomtown games than I'm playing online on OCTGN. /jealous.
limitedwhole

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I lived in Sacramento. Anyone from Indiana?
therogue

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

occasionally me and another guy at fanfare in Kalamazoo MI are playing the game at the fight day night magic the gathering event. if we get more people me and my friend will probably skip magic just to play doomtown since its clearly the superior game.

i'll be in the area for the next 6 months and keep my doomtown cards next to magic card. after that this post will most likely become very inaccurate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Doomtown Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: