Doomtown Forum Index Doomtown
A forum to discuss all things related to the Doomtown CCG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beginner Decks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rowlen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Beginner Decks Reply with quote

Hi all. I discover Doomtown recently and I want to construct a deck of each faction to test and choose one. The deck section have a lot of decks, but I donīt know what are the more representatives of each playing style Faction. Anyone can recommend me a archetypical deck for each faction to start to play? Thank you.
davido

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Beginner Decks Reply with quote

Rowlen wrote:
Hi all. I discover Doomtown recently and I want to construct a deck of each faction to test and choose one. The deck section have a lot of decks, but I donīt know what are the more representatives of each playing style Faction. Anyone can recommend me a archetypical deck for each faction to start to play? Thank you.

Well, Shootout at High Noon showcases typical BlackJacks vs. Lawdogs

the Fixed cards are not essential, so you can build the deck from commons/uncommons for the most part (they are all reprints in SHN).

Google Shootout at High Noon decks list and it'll take you to a PDF checklist. Doomtown is deep enough that there is no 'typical deck' but I'll leave it to others to suggest archetypes.
Rowlen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok , thank you.
davido

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Doomtown beginner decks Reply with quote

You might check out:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/531762/the-founding-of-gomorra

it has Collegium, Sweetrock, plus BJ and LD. The OP has also made suggestions of replacements. Except for a few cards (Lynch Mob), most of these are easy to come by and are from the original (and easy to come by) episodes 1-6.
Rowlen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thank you again. This is a good way to start to play, but if someone can tell me about the other factions archetype decks, it will be fantastic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Doomtown Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: