Doomtown Forum Index Doomtown
A forum to discuss all things related to the Doomtown CCG
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013 Events - Help?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: 2013 Events - Help? Reply with quote

I posted this over on Facebook, but I know that there are members of the community who are not active there.

Okay folks an update is overdue.

I am still trying to do an online tourney. Really. I'm just so busy with other stuff, and it seems like I'm alone in trying to do this stuff.

I still want to do an Anniversary event in April. but damn has money been tight this year, and again I feel like doing the organization is all on me. (and paying for prizes)

I want to give support to the tourney scene. I have had requests for small events, Origins, and the championships. Also events like Kublacon, etc. Additionally, we had one event organizer who just disappeared on us after his event. Don't even know who won, if anyone. And while some organizers helped with costs last year, all and all the 4 events, my site, and The Champions Project me about $400, and I still haven't gotten the flipping sleeves.

I'm starting work on the next round of TCP, and looking at the costs. And bottom line kids, I can't do all this alone. David Orange has helped out with editing and promotion and planning his event... but even that isn't the help it could be. Brett Satkowiak helps with advice on TCP Design, but, again.

So this is a call out if you want this stuff to keep happening with the level of support I provided in 2012, I NEED HELP.

Sadly I am a regular guy living paycheck to paycheck, who has other interests, and never enough time or money. So, you know, help a brother out. Wink

If you feel like you can help in some way, let me know. I'm happy for the help! (But don't offer to help and then bail on me cause its not as fun as you wanted, or it doesn't go the way you want. That's how I ended up doing all this basically alone in the first place.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Doomtown Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: