Chaosium Inc. 25 Years of Chaos!
updated 4th Nov 2001 Also See the Mythos FAQ Page.
N.B. This Errata page is not yet officially
endorsed by Chaosium, although I have asked them to do so. All the new entries
are taken directly from Shannon's comments on the Mythos mailing list, and
so are official rulings by Chaosium. New entries are highlighted in blue.
Mythos: New Aeon
The example on page 40 of the rulebook has Reverend Baxter
Lully joining with Serpent Men. This is incorrect, as he does not have that ability
- Maison Nationale De Sante - is Unique
- Yucca Mountain Project - Change "..at this Gate.."
to "...using this Gate...".
Mythos: The Dreamlands
Descriptions of the various region color bars was inadvertantly left out of the
Dreamlands rule book. They are as follows. A pictorial guide also appears in the
Rules Additions for the Dreamlands section of our Mythos
The East: A kind of blue color, containing the sub-regions
"Celephais", "Rinar", and "Ilek-Vad".
The West: A kind of purple color, containing the sub-regions "Ulthar",
"Mnar", "Dylath-Leen", the "Oukranos Wilds", and the "Edge of the World".
The North: A sort of green color.
The South: A kind of pink color, containing the sub-region "The
The Underworld: A kind of brown color, containing the sub-regions "The
Wildlands" and "Gug City".
Exotic Locations: A kind of grey color.
Lovecraft Country: A kind of green color, with a smooth, shiny
texture. Not part of the Dreamlands.
- Angry Zoogs - Add the sentence "Then bury this
card" to the end of this card.
- Lunar Eclipse - This is an Eclipse card.
- Phobophobia - The Affects line should read "Affects
Your Own Investigator"
- Shipwreck - Add the sentence "Bury this card if any Day or Night Event is
played." to the end of this card.
- Splendid Cathuria - The first sentence should read "The BASALT PILLARS OF
THE WEST must be your Current Location to play this card."
- Temple of Bokrug - The subregion should be listed as Mnar.
- The White Ship - The card should have the Outside and Water public attributes.
Mythos Standard Game Set
Rule ErrataThe following important rules changes supersede the printed
Joining: Two additional sentences have been added to the end of the
definition of Joining on page 28: "Two cards may Join as long as one of them
allows this in its Special Effects box. More than two cards may Join as long as
every combination of two cards in the group Joins."
Just Played: The definition on page 28 of the MSGS rules is subtly
wrong. It should read: "A card played since your last Turn in the current Round
that has not been affect by any other card play."
- Dysentery - Add the text "Then, Bury this Card" to the end of the Special
Rule ErrataThe following important clarification exists for Mythos
Limited. Note that in MSGS the rules have undergone several updates and
clarifications. These newer rules
should be used instead of the out-of-date Limited rules.
Combat: One paragraph in the COSMIC BATTLE section in Combat is
incorrect, and gives a mistaken impression of how Combat is conducted. The
correction is simple:
On page 27, delete the last sentence of the COSMIC BATTLE section (Bury
all Monsters ... opponent's threat.) Thus, if your DEEP ONE (1 point)
battles a FLYING POLYP (5 points), the DEEP ONE absorbs 1 point and your
Investigator loses 4 points of Sanity. Only then are the monsters buried.
Card ErrataThe following general card errata has been issued for Mythos
Islands: The old Island travel restrictions have been overriden by the
following general rule: "Islands are Special Locations found within Regions.
You can not walk or use Travel By Land or Travel by Air cards to go to, from
or between Islands, unless Special Effects say otherwise." All old Island cards
(R'lyeh, Bal Sagoth, Easter Island, Otaheite, Ponape and Retoka) are no longer
considered to have the old text which said "You must use a Travel by Sea card
to get to this Location".
Travel By Sea Events: All Travel by Sea events from Limited
(Mauretania, Titanic, Tramp Streamer) should have the phrase "Play this card at
a Location featuring the water attribute" added to the special effect box of the
The following specific cards in Mythos Limited have had errata issued:
- Asenath Waite Derby - Arkham should be on a Green background.
- Astrophobia - There should be an Affects line which
reads "Affects Opponent's Investigator"
- Become Spectral Hunter - Pentagon should be Yellow.
- Book of Dyzan (Atlantean) - Is a Tome, not an Artifact.
- Brown University - Should have the University attribute.
- Call of Cthulhu - To reroll Investigator, Bury, not Discard, Tome.
- Call of Cthulhu - Ignore the restriction on using
an Investigator already in play
- Celeano - The correct title of this card is "Celaeno".
- Chant of Thoth - Pentagon should be Yellow.
- Dominate - Should read "Replace the languages and card benefits of one of
your Allies with the target Ally's languages and card benefits, for as long
as your Ally remains in play. Flip target Ally."
- Eclipse of the Sun - This is an Eclipse card.
- Faraz Najir - The correct artist is Stephen Barnwell.
- Influenza - Add the text "Then, Bury this Card" to the end of the Special
- K. J. Hooper - Should have Knows English.
- Mosque of Ibn Tulan - Is Unique.
- Ponape Scripture Hoag Ms. - The background should be Tome/Artifact colored.
- Powder of Ibn Ghazi - Should read 'Round', not 'Turn'.
- Seaplane - May travel to or from Locations
(except Exotic) where Travel by Air is normally forbidden
- Simon Orne - Should have two Region colors, green and purple.
- Steal Life - can only target a face-up Ally
- Summon Great Cthulhu - +13, not +7.
- The Necropolis - Should have a Gate swirl.
- The Pragmatic Hobo - Should have a Maximum of 7.
- The Secret of Power and Glory is Yours! - Should be +6, with +2 for the
- Voola Ritual - Pentagon should be Yellow.